Tiger Shan is an advisor to executives in the Government, Public Service, and TMT sectors at PwC. With nearly 20 years of working experience in China and the U.S., he is currently a Lead Partner of both PwC’s strategy consulting business and PwC Strategy& China.
As an advisor to the local governments and their investment arms in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay area, Yangtze River Delta, and Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei regions, Mr. Shan works closely with the real estate developers and operators on the topics of development planning for major urban cities and key industries. He has extensive consulting experience in public policy, urban construction, people’s welfare, industrial development and investment attraction.
In the Public Service sector, Mr. Shan focuses on serving major clients in energy, transportation and infrastructure, advising on strategy, governance, investment, globalization, digitalization and innovation-driven transformation, as well as high level designs for state-owned investment arms and funds.
In the TMT sector, Mr. Shan provides strategy implementation, organizational transformation, and operational improvement services for telecom operators, smart terminal/ hardware manufacturers, culture and media companies, Internet-based service providers, and emerging players in big data, AI, and IoT.
Selected relevant experience includes:
- Provided comprehensive strategic consulting services and advised on the construction of strategic planning system for a large smartphone brand
- Provided strategic enabling and operational improvement services for an AI unicorn company
- Developed and implemented transformation and upgrading strategies for a data marketing company who also serves as a big data trading platform, and assisted the company in listing
- Provided cloud transformation and service improvement consulting services for a leading listed software group in China
- Developed business growth strategy and digital transformation blueprint for a leading Chinese culture and tourism group
- Provided a series of insights and benchmarking services including digital transformation, technology strategy, cloud business, and overseas business organization governance for a world leading Chinese telecom equipment manufacture
- Advised a global entertainment and media group on China business growth strategy and investment across segments
- Advised the science and technology industrial park of a SAR government on the development of artificial intelligence and robot industry and investment attraction strategies
- Provided policy evaluation on improving business environment, expanding the service industry and overseas investment attraction for a directly-controlled municipal government
- Participated in the pre-industrial conceptual planning and the simulation of innovation model construction of the "millennium plan" of a state-level new area, and supported the planning and bidding of major projects in the development stage
- Advised on the development strategy, organizational structure, process mechanism and assessment system for the overseas energy investment business sector of a Central Government-led infrastructure company, and conducted due diligence and risk assessments for its overseas projects
- Provided a series of consulting services for a Central Government-led communication enterprise, including centralized procurement, channel planning, customer service upgrade, and smartphone introduction
- Provided a development strategy and a business development model for Mobile Internet business for a Central Government-led transportation enterprise
Education and other skills:
- MBA, University of Rochester
- B.S. in Economics, Peking University