Thomas Crasti is the Director in our Financial Services Deals group in Hong Kong where he specialises in advising strategic and financial investors looking to invest in or exit the financial services sector across the Asia-Pacific region.
Thomas has over 10 years in advising both public and private companies and financial investors on M&A transactions within the Asia-Pacific market.
Thomas has a Commerce degree and is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.
Areas of expertise
- Specialises in advising on deals in the financial services sector, including banking, insurance (including life and general), asset management (including private equity), securities, trust and leasing industry.
- Experienced in providing due diligence services (buy and sell side) and advising companies undertaking acquisitions, capital raising, disposals and post deal integration.
- Experienced in advising on cross border deals in Asia-Pacific and China / Asia-Pacific in and out bound deals.
- Advised on numerous buy and sell side banking transactions in China, Hong Kong and across Asia Pacific.
- Advised a consortium of financial investors looking to invest c.USD2bn as a cornerstone investor in Haurong Asset Management Company, (considered China's 2nd largest asset management company).
- Advised Principal asset management on their successful acquisition of AXA Hong Kong's MPF business.
- Advised China Life insurance company on their USD250m investment in TPG.
- Advised a Hong Kong based company in relation to their successful USD222M investment in an aircraft leasing company.