Spencer has more than 20 years of experience in advising on valuation and investment appraisal to clients for merger and acquisition, corporate restructuring, litigation, financial reporting and tax reporting purposes.
Clients that Spencer served included both local and international corporations in the industries of telecommunication, software development, internet related business, entertainment and gaming, banking and financial services, retailing and wholesaling, industrial products, logistics, telecoms, power and infrastructure, foods and beverages, consumer products, insurance, asset management, construction, and other services sectors based in Hong Kong, China and other Asian countries.
- Provided pre-deal and post-deal purchase price allocation valuation advisory services for a leading global bank regarding its various bank acquisitions in Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, South Africa, India and Malaysia
- Performed valuation analyses of two Korean-based bank groups’ banking businesses in China related to a merger of the two businesses for transaction purpose.
- Performed valuation analysis of 2 China-based fund management companies for transaction purposes
- Valuation advisory and review of purchase price allocation for the retail businesses of a HK listed conglomerate in relation to its merger with a related group. The retail businesses concerned include consumer electronic chain stores, supermarkets, convenience stores, health and beauty chain stores.
- Valuation review services for a leading supply-chain services providers in relation to its numerous acquisitions of branded retail stores and wholesaling businesses for financial reporting purpose;
- Providing litigation advice and support to a leading healthcare product manufacturer in estimating the loss of profits in a court case against a media company based in Hong Kong.
- Providing valuation analysis for a high net worth individual on certain structural financial products in relation to its legal proceedings against a financial institution in Hong Kong.