Rex Chan started his professional career in China tax in Hong Kong since 1991, and then moved to Beijing in January 1998.
Rex has extensive knowledge and experience in structuring cross border transactions and providing pre-investment / pre-acquisition tax analysis for clients investing in the PRC. He has assisted many multi-national companies in the establishment of Sino-foreign joint ventures and wholly owned subsidiaries and in structuring their China investments which includes holding structure and operations related tax advice.
Rex is committed to maintain a high level of industry knowledge and awareness of tax issues and opportunities. His clientele comes from a broad range of industries, many of which are significant investors into China, including:
- US based Fortune 500 high-tech companies and their wholly owned subsidiaries in China. Rex assisted the clients in deriving new tax efficient transaction models, M&A transactions, obtaining favourable tax preferences, VAT refund, Business tax exemption and refund, tax audits, representative offices closure, and individual tax (stock options) tax advice.
- Large conglomerates with China holding companies: Rex has been providing comprehensive income and turnover tax advice, transfer pricing, customs and foreign exchange advice etc. to them.
- A famous automobile manufacturer's China holding company and its sales joint venture in China: Rex and his team are retained as the group's China tax advisor and have assisted the client in M&A projects, expatriate tax filings, and developing the group's long-term China distribution strategy
- A listed Original Equipment Manufacturer. Rex is assisting the client in establishing their China research and development centre in Beijing and to obtain the favourable tax preferences and local financial subsidies
- A giant US based telecom equipment manufacturer's China holding company as well as all the manufacturing subsidiaries in China: Rex prepares their annual income tax returns to ensure compliance and FAS 109 schedules
- A French group of electrical equipment manufacturer's China holding company. Rex provides retainer services in tax, customs and remittance issues to the client; besides, Rex is also in charge of the client's China expatriate tax declarations.
Rex is a member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants in the UK and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Rex is also licensed public accountant in the State of Illinois, USA.