Kanus is a Partner of our risk assurance practice and focuses on clients in various sectors and leads teams on a wide range of corporate governance, risk management, internal audit, internal control and Sarbanes Oxley assignments.
Kanus is the engagement leader on a number of internal control advisory projects for various large listed companies and private companies. She advises various clients on implementing The Basic Standard of Enterprise Internal Controls in China as well as complying with the Sarbanes Oxley Act section 404 requirements. In addition, Kanus has led a number of internal controls consulting work and COSO gap analysis for a number of companies preparing for SEHK Code on Corporate Governance compliance.
Examples of Kanus’s recent experience include the following:
- Assisting various Hong Kong listed companies in adopting the SEHK Code on Corporate Governance and advising on the review of internal controls according to the listing rule requirements in Hong Kong.
- Leading a number of companies in Sarbanes Oxley Act section 404 audit and advisory projects, assisting in internal control assessment and recommendation and trainings regarding risk and controls.
- Assisting various leading companies in implementing The Basic Standard of Enterprise Internal Controls in China.
- Performing quality assurance review of the internal audit function of a number of listed clients in Hong Kong to assess effectiveness and efficiency and comparing them to leading industry practice.
- Leading a number of internal audit projects in various industries. Work comprises risk assessment, audit planning, audit execution and regular meetings with audit committee.
- Leading numerous reviews of key business processes to identify control weaknesses and improvement opportunities for a number of MNCs in China.
- Assisting various clients to develop a risk management framework which includes developing business risk model and risk definition and performing risk assessment by identifying the risks and associated controls.
Kanus is a CPA and a member of Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“HKICPA”), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“AICPA”), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (“ACCA”) and Institute of Internal Auditors (“IIA”). She is also a Certified Internal Auditor (“CIA”) and a Certified Information System Auditor (“CISA”).