Emily is a partner in PwC’s Financial Services Division in Hong Kong. For her 22 years of professional experience, she provided regulatory advisory services to a wide range of financial services clients involved in banking, insurance and capital markets. She is very familiar with the rules and regulations, their implications on a financial services institution and expected procedures that a financial institution should implement.
Emily is leading a Financial Services Risk and Regulation team of PwC HK, she engages into discussion with industry participants on the risk and regulatory issues they faced and provides pragmatic solutions to them. She has led a number of projects in Hong Kong including:
- conducting internal control review engagements of a number of private banks/wealth managers and provided solution and recommendations to clients on the organisation structure, risk assessment framework, governance and performance measurement process, control procedures including client on-boarding checking and documentation;
- leading regulatory projects on anti-money laundering for a number of financial services institutions including review and test of control procedures over corporate governance, customer on-boarding, transaction monitoring and compliance assurance program;
- developing credit risk models, credit management solutions, advising on the implementation and use of models;
- diagnostic review with reference to applicable regulatory requirements and development of ICAAP methodology and framework;
- advising the banks on the capital requirements for their group structuring exercise, developing sensitivity analysis and advising alternative way for capital funding and the regulatory capital requirement;
- assisting one local bank to get ready for internal rating based approach for the credit risk capital charge calculation including developing rating models, ICAAP, VAR model and liquidity management tools, advising on the implementation of models in their credit risk management process.
She has been seconded to PwC UK for the last three years and worked in the Risk and Prudential Regulation team of PwC UK in London. In UK, she led a number of projects helping a variety of financial services institutions to implement pragmatic solutions in response to new rules and regulations. Key projects include:
- CRR self-assessment and validation projects for one of the biggest investment bank in UK;
- provision of regulatory advisory service to a bank in UK in relation to CRDIV and EMIR impact of its clearing services and derivative business;
- provision of regulatory advice to a broker in UK on liquidity and capital rules;
- review of the Pillar 3 disclosure of a number of financial institutions including one of the biggest local banks in UK;