Christopher is a Partner of our Restructuring and Insolvency practice in Hong Kong. He is a fellow member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, a member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants, a Chartered Financial Analyst holder, a Certified Financial Risk Manager and a holder of Special Designation in Insolvency.
Christopher has extensive experience in providing insolvency and turnaround services including financial review, cash flow review / monitoring, financial derivative valuation, cross-border receivership and liquidation since 2000.
His major recent experiences in HK and the PRC include:
- Leading the financial review for noteholders of one of the largest Chinese solar panel manufacturers listed in the US with liabilities more than USD1 billion. Managing cross-border restructuring subsequently through provisional liquidation framework in Cayman Islands and strategic asset preservation in PRC.
- Advising a prominent Chinese bank in respect of the debt restructuring and PRC bankruptcy administration of a Chinese airfreight carrier which owned and operated cargo flights with gross asset value over USD500 million.
- Monitoring the cash flow and operation of a service provider for logistics of petrochemical products listed in HK, following appointment of provisional liquidators in Bermuda. Overseeing the actions taken by stakeholders for the resumption of listing status in the HK Stock Exchange.
- Managing the receivership of a Chinese real estate group with gross asset value over USD2 billion. Leveraging creditors’ position through a number of legal actions in PRC which optimised the exit for most of the noteholders via secondary bond market.
- Acting as project manager of HK Minibond including leading negotiations with counterparties, assessing derivative valuations and liaison with key stakeholders.
- Managing the receivership of a China real estate group. Debt restructuring agreement entered between the company and the bondholders in four months through negotiation and enforcement actions.
- Advising and leading a number of debt restructuring and liquidation assignments in HK and the PRC.