Eric is the Digital Assurance and Transparency Leader in PwC China, based in Shanghai. Eric also leads the IT audit core team for FPI audits. He has 29 years of professional experiences with PwC China in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen offices, and he worked with Melbourne office in PwC Australia and Toronto office in PwC Canada. He is specialised in internal controls, risk management, IT governance, internal audit, data analysis, and capital market compliance requirements such as CSOX, PN21 and US SOX.
Eric is a Chinese CPA, US CPA, CISA, and CIA. He holds a bachelor’s degree of Economics from Fudan University.
Some of the recent project experiences of Eric include:
- According to A-share and H-share IPO regulatory requirements, Eric led a number of engagements on IT review and data analytics for semi-conductor, e-commerce, FinTech, digital marketing, digital media and online gaming companies.
- Led a number of CSOX, PN21 and US SOX engagements, assisting pre-IPO and listed technology companies to satisfy China, HK and US regulatory requirements.
- Eric and his team also added value by providing professional advise to a number of fast grown TMT companies, on organisational structure, process optimisation, operational efficiency, office automation, system selection and RPA.
- Led a number of Non Audit Assurance Engagements (NAAE), including ISAE 3402, ISAE 3000, SOC 1and SOC 2, to IT service providers.
- The Science, Technology and Innovation Board (STAR) at Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) has become a hot market topic recently. In April 2019, his article “Internal Controls Focus Areas for TMT start-up companies” was published by newspaper China Economic Observer, as part of its STAR series.
- When working in Canada and Australia, participated in a number of IT advisory projects at various data centres and shared service centres, including IT governance, security and internal controls, risk management, outsourcing, etc.
- Guest speaker at various seminars organised by CSRC, SSE, CBRC, PBOC, MOF and CBA.