Eric is a partner with our Risk Assurance group in Shanghai. He has 26 years of professional experiences with PwC Shanghai, Melbourne, Toronto Beijing, Shenzhen and Guangzhou offices. Following many years focusing on financial services sector, he was greatly inspired by the latest technological transformation, and now leads the TMT sector for RA China and Hong Kong. He is specialized in internal controls, risk management, IT governance, internal audit, data analysis, and capital market compliance requirements such as CSOX, PN21 and US SOX.
Eric is a Chinese CPA, US CPA, CISA, and CIA. He holds a bachelor’s degree of Economics from Fudan University.
Some of the recent project experiences of Eric include:
- According to A share and H share IPO regulatory requirements, led a number of engagements on IT review and data analytics for e-commerce, Fintech, digital marketing, digital media and online gaming companies.
- Led a number of PN21 and US SOX advisory engagements, to satisfy HK and US IPO requirements. In addition to meet compliance requirements, Eric and his team also added value by providing professional advise on organizational structure, process optimization, operational efficiency, office automation, system selection and RPA.
- Led a number of Non Audit Assurance Engagements (NAAE), including ISAE 3402, ISAE 3000, SOC 1and SOC 2, to IT service providers.
- The Science, Technology and Innovation Board (STIB) at Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) is becoming a hot market topic recently. In April 2019, his article “Internal Controls Focus Areas for TMT start-up companies” was published by newspaper China Economic Observer, as part of its STIB series.
- When working in Canada and Australia, participated in a number of IT advisory projects at various data centres and shared service centres, including IT governance, security and internal controls, risk management, outsourcing, etc.
- Guest speaker at various seminars organized by CBRC, PBOC, MOF and CBA.