|First $50,000 at||2%|
|Next $50,000 at||6%|
|Next $50,000 at||10%|
|Next $50,000 at||14%|
|On the remainder at||17%|
|First $45,000 at||2%|
|Next $45,000 at||7%|
|Next $45,000 at||12%|
|On the remainder at||17%|
|Married person's allowance||$264,000||$264,000|
- 1st to 9th child (each)
Dependent parent / grandparent allowance
- Aged 60 or above
|Dependent brother / sister allowance
(for whom no child allowance is claimed)
|Single parent allowance||$132,000||$132,000|
|Disabled dependant allowance
(in addition to any allowances already granted for the disabled dependant)
|Personal disability allowance
(in addition to any allowances already granted for the disabled person)
|Maximum deduction for amount paid for||2018/19||2017/18|
|Home loan interest||$100,000||$100,000|
|Elderly residential care expenses||$100,000||$92,000|
|Contributions to recognised retirement schemes1||$18,000||$18,000|
|Approved charitable donations||35% of income after allowable expenses and depreciation allowances||35% of income after allowable expenses and depreciation allowances|
1. The 2018/19 Budget proposed a tax deduction for voluntary contributions made to the Mandatory Provident Fund. Details of the deduction have yet to be announced.
1. A bill proposing the above two-tiered profits tax rates system was gazetted on 29 December 2017. The bill is currently under the consideration of the Legislative Council and has not yet enacted into law. Once enacted, the two-tiered tax rates will be effective from year of assessment 2018/19.
|Property consideration1||Flat rate2||Scale 1 rates3||Scale 2 rates4|
|Up to HK$2,000,000||
|$2,000,001 - $3,000,000||3.00%||1.50%|
|$3,000,001 - $4,000,000||4.50%||2.25%|
|$4,000,001 - $6,000,000||6.00%||3.00%|
|$6,000,001 - $20,000,000||7.50%||3.75%|
|$20,000,001 and above||8.50%||4.25%|
1. Marginal relief is available upon entry into each higher value band.
2. The 15% flat rate applies to transfer of resident property executed on or after 5 November 2016 except for cases where the Scale 2 rates are applicable.
3. The Scale 1 rates apply to transfer of non-residential property.
4. The Scale 2 rates apply to residential property acquired by a Hong Kong permanent resident who does not own any other residential property in Hong Kong at the time of acquisition and in some other specified circumstances.
|Holding period||Duty rate|
|Six months or less||20%|
|More than six months but for 12 months or less||15%|
|More than 12 months but for 36 months or less||10%|
|Where the lease term is not defined or is uncertain||0.25%||0.25%|
|Not more than one year||0.25%||0.25%|
|More than one year but does not exceed three years||0.50%||0.50%|
|More than three years||1.00%||1.00%|
The rate of stamp duty on stock transactions is 0.2% of the consideration ($2 per $1,000) per transaction.
Duty of 3% of the market value is charged for any Hong Kong bearer instrument issued in respect of any stock.