IT due diligence
The provision of IT expertise is to:
- Evaluate the suitability and sustainability of the IT organization, infrastructure and applications;
- Assess the adequacy of the current applications and hardware to meet the existing and future business needs;
- Evaluate the extent to which current systems provide management with timely and accurate information;
- Assess the appropriateness of IT budget to support the business and planned projects;
- Quantification of financial / business operations impact where IT issues are identified;
- Highlight the potential impact of a transaction on the IT function and its ability to support the business; and
- Where applicable assess the achievability and timing of the defined IT cost synergies, along with quantification of any associated sensitivities.
Post merger integration / separation
Our post merger integration services are to
- Identify, define and deliver the merged entities IT integration opportunities / initiatives post transaction;
- Identify and evaluate the financial IT synergy benefits, along with IT opportunities to support the new business operating model; and
- Support the client management teams to integrate and align their IT cultures, landscapes and footprints to maintain "business as usual" throughout the integration.
Our post separation services are to develop / assess the IT plan for the establishment of a separated IT environment to support the stand-alone business plan. This consists of expertise to:
- Assess the current providers of IT services;
- Evaluate the one-off IT separation costs;
- Assess the timeframe to implement the plan and the related IT TSA requirements;
- Evaluate the on-going IT and business cost impact;
- Assess the key separation risks and identify possible mitigating actions; and
- Assess the ability for the business to operate on the first day of being sold.