The month of May witnessed diverse developments with updates from all major regulators including the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) to the HKMA and the SFC. The key updates include:
- Criteria and capital treatment for short-term securitisations.
- Revised timeline for authorised institutions to comply with IRRBB.
- Credit risk management for personal lending business.
- Thematic review of alternative liquidity pools.
- Consultation conclusions on rules and code on open-ended fund company (OFC).
- SFC highlights concerns noted in licensing applications.
- Revised guideline and consultation conclusion on authorisation of virtual banks.
- Consultation on draft guideline on enterprise risk management.